5 September 2019
Your privacy is important to Le WIC de Paris. In this document, “WIC”, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Le WIC de Paris. We will use the personal information that we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (‘’GDPR’’).
WIC is a non-profit organization, registered in France under the French Law 1901 (Loi du 1er juillet 1901), numbered W922003113. Our registered office is at 3bis villa Emile Bergerat, F-92522 Neuilly-sur-Seine.
1. If there are one or more points below with which you do not agree, we suggest you leave our website immediately.
2. Security – Your information is stored on a secure server that WIC’s authorized personnel can access only through a password.
3. Encryption (HTTPS) – We encrypt information sent between Le WIC and you. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. The closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar verifies such security.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality in many ways. Unfortunately, the transmission of information using the internet is not always completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot totally guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site.
4. Third-Party Website – The WIC website may contain links to other third-party websites. Please be aware that WIC does not claim any responsibility for the privacy practices of these third-party sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to take reasonable precautions when sharing your personally identifiable information on third-party websites.
5. Sharing your information – We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us. The personal information we collect about you will primarily be used by WIC Executive Committee to provide membership services.
We do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third-party organization, any personal information collected through our website, except as set out below.
6. Consent – We may ask for your consent to use your personal information in a certain way. If we ask your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Any use of your personal information before you withdraw your consent remains valid and lawful. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to withdraw any consent given.
7. We do not accept or process data of children.
How We Collect and Process Your Personal Information
1. When you use the WIC website
Cookies: We use technical or functional cookies, which only exist throughout your visit to the website. These cookies do not gather any data about you that could be used for marketing or remembering personal information.
2. When you give us personal information
You may submit personal information to contact us, to register for events or activities through WIC website/online form. Depending on the process, the personal information you may be asked to provide is your:
3. When we send you email
4. Sensitive personal information
Sometimes we may ask you to provide sensitive personal information (such as bank name and cheque number), when you subscribe to our membership or book for certain events or activities. As with all the personal information we hold, sensitive personal information is held securely and restricted to those who need to use it. We will delete sensitive personal information when we no longer need it.
5. How we hold your personal information
The non-sensitive personal information you provided for sharing with the membership is held and processed on our internal membership document. Your name and email address are also stored on our self-hosted members-only website (A2 Web Hosting sever) for login purpose.
We have also a mass mailing list which includes only your name and email address. We presently use Mailchimp as a primary means of both sending electronic communications to you but also allowing you an effective way to update your contact details or unsubscribe from the list anytime.
We use Google Forms/Google Drive (see Google Cloud Data Policy and Terms) to conduct and hold records for online membership renewal, monthly meeting or other special event/activity sign up, or survey.
Your personal information stored electronically is always held securely. Access to member information is strictly controlled. All systems can only be accessed by people who need it to do their job. Certain personal information, for example some sensitive personal information (as described above), is additionally restricted and is only made visible to members of WIC’s Executive Committee who have a reason to work with it.
Why we use your personal information
1. To provide services
We use your personal information to process membership, to enable you to access to our members-only website, and to process your registration to our events and activities.
2. To administer the volunteering arrangement when you volunteer with us.
3. To contribute to the content and overall look and feel of our members-only website and services.
4. To send you news and announcements.
5. To update you about our future events and activities.
6. To customize the event/activity promotion and the content you see.
7. To invite you to participate in surveys.
8. For other communications
If you have any opted out of our mailing list, we may still need to contact you individually for other reasons. For example, we may email you to give you important information about the events you’ve booked or to tell you about any changes to those events.
9. Legitimate interests for handling your personal information
This means that the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (except where the processing is unfair to you). WIC has the right to hold and use personal information to pursue its legitimate interests.
Specifically, WIC has a legitimate interest in:
- Providing information of the objectives and interests of the WIC.
- Ensuring compliance with WIC’s legal obligations.
If you object to us using your personal information where we are relying on our legitimate interests in doing so, as explained above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 3bis villa Emile Bergerat, F-92522 Neuilly-sur-Seine.
You have various rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you (see below). If you wish to exercise any of these rights or make a complaint, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com or 3bis villa Emile Bergerat, F-92522 Neuilly-sur-Seine.
- The right of access: you have a right to access the personal information we are holding about you (including in a format which is compatible with your computer system).
- The right to rectification: if the personal information we hold about you is incorrect you can ask us to correct it.
- The right to erasure: you have the right to ask us to delete the personal information that we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing: you have a right to ask us to restrict how we use your personal information.
- The right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
Your personal information is retained for the duration of your membership. We may also store your information for a reasonable time afterwards to keep your membership active in the case of a late renewal or in keeping with statutory regulations. In practice this generally means that we keep your personal information for one year after your membership expires.
WIC reserves the right to amend this policy at any time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on that day you use our website.
Questions, comments, or requests regarding this privacy notice should be addressed firstname.lastname@example.org.